Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way that VoxNeuro conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information (including personal health information) in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to VoxNeuro’s daily operations.
VoxNeuro strives to protect and respect the personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, etc. in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of VoxNeuro must abide by the organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance/security number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Business information refers to: VoxNeuro, business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing VoxNeuro to collect, use, and disclose the individual’s personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- VoxNeuro collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. VoxNeuro hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
In clinical applications:
1. Determine or verify eligibility of individuals with respect to healthcare
2. Plan, administer and evaluate Cognitive Health Assessments™
3. Communicate with your healthcare provider
4. Conduct research in accordance with consent provided
5. Undertake specific activities as permitted or required by law (e.g., to comply with a court order)
In business applications:
1. To operate a working relationship with the individuals involved
2. For operational analytics
- VoxNeuro assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. The organization has an appointed Privacy Officer as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- VoxNeuro obtains personal information directly from the individual to whom the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how VoxNeuro uses personal information and the organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. VoxNeuro will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. VoxNeuro will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- VoxNeuro will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- VoxNeuro vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. VoxNeuro maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of VoxNeuro who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- VoxNeuro’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or “snooping” by sufficient software solutions.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
VoxNeuro does not collect personal information of users of voxneuro.com, unless submitted by the user through submission forms / e-mail links available on the site. Any submitted information by the user expresses consent for VoxNeuro to store and use said information.
Cookies are used by VoxNeuro through voxneuro.com for business analytics purposes. Cookies are files that users’ web browser places on their computer’s hard drive that allow VoxNeuro to measure users’ activity on voxneuro.com including frequency of visits, preferred language, geographical location, IP addresses, internet behavioural analysis and the computer system’s flash preference. Users have the option to decline to accept cookies if their browser permits, however, opting out of cookies may affect the users’ use of voxneuro.com and their ability to access certain features of the website.
A pixel tag, also known as a web beacon, is a transparent graphic image placed on a website or in an email that allows analytics to measure if the page or e-mail has been viewed. Pixel tags may be used to communicate to the browser of a user to link to content from another server.
Voxneuro.com contains links to third party websites. When a user clicks on these links, they are subject to the third parties’ privacy policies.
VoxNeuro does not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to individuals under the age of majority.
VoxNeuro licenses technology to serve advertisements across the Internet.
Advertising network providers, data providers, publishers and other media-related companies, and/or analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on a user’s device’s web browser and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about the user. Through these licenses, both VoxNeuro and the technology providers may use information about a user’s browsing behaviour on one or multiple devices to establish an online profile and to target advertisements for products or services a user may be interested in based on their visits to voxneuro.com and other like websites.
For more information on VoxNeuro’s information practices, see our Statement of Information Practices.