Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way that VoxNeuro conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information (including personal health information) in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to VoxNeuro’s daily operations.
VoxNeuro strives to protect and respect the personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, etc. in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of VoxNeuro must abide by our organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance/security number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Business information refers to: VoxNeuro, business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing VoxNeuro to collect, use, and disclose the individual’s personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- VoxNeuro collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. VoxNeuro hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
In clinical applications:
1. Determine or verify eligibility of individuals with respect to healthcare
2. Plan, administer and evaluate Cognitive Health Assessments™
3. Communicate with your healthcare provider
4. Conduct research in accordance with consent provided
5. Undertake specific activities as permitted or required by law (e.g., to comply with a court order)
In business applications:
1. To operate a working relationship with the individuals involved
2. For operational analytics
- VoxNeuro assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. Our organization has an appointed Privacy Officer as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- VoxNeuro obtains personal information directly from the individual to whom the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how VoxNeuro uses personal information and our organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. VoxNeuro will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. VoxNeuro will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- VoxNeuro will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- VoxNeuro vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. VoxNeuro maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of VoxNeuro who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- VoxNeuro’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or “snooping” by sufficient software solutions.
For more information on VoxNeuro’s information practices, see our Statement of Information Practices.